Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Mexico Part 47: March Madness--My Birthday
On March 16, I turned 31. Normally, I think one would think that 31 would be anti-climatic because it was just after the big 3-0 right? Well, that was not the case for me. I had such a AWESOME birthday. I am so thankful for such a special family that loves me so much and goes above and beyond to make me feel loved. It started a couple days before my birthday when we were doing some Costco shopping for a BBQ we were going to have on the actual day. We were getting all the food, and Eva and Matthew both turned to each other and thought, we should get mom some flowers. Eva is turning into such a thoughtful girl. We have been working for a couple of weeks on patience with her. She has been so cute, intentionally thinking about being more patient. She even earned the family a yogurt outing the other day. But I digress. The Friday night before my day, the girls from the UAG wives club with some of my besties, went out to dinner at this awesome fusion Asian restaurant called CON-tenedor. And after being stuffed, we headed to DQ for some blizzards and girl talk time in my friend's McKensie's "party bus." On Saturday I headed off to my neighbors baby shower and Matthew kept the kids. They worked on cupcakes and how to surprise me when I got home. I laughed, because I pulled up, totally caught them off guard that they sent me outside to try my entrance again. I was then greeted by screaming children saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY! The best things about birthdays is seeing the joy in your children's faces.
We headed to a BBQ at a park in our neighborhood and ate some yummy food. I actually summoned Oregon weather for my birthday because it started to rain a little on us. We headed to the under covered area, only to be kicked out of it, because we apparently didn't have permission to use it. But, while we were annoyed, we moved the party again. I think we might have moved the party three or four times, but that is why my friends are so AWESOME. Never complained, just moved it. We had some candles, but my cute friends used a 29 + 2 approach which I loved, and we had to smile at the fact that most of the frosting from the cake that the kids "decorated" ended up on the lid. We had way too much dessert, and a lot of happy children.
As I get older, I feel like life rolls on and I am just trying to hold on and take it all in. I don't feel or look like I am older, but I see it in my kids faces. Time does move on. I am so grateful for the opportunities I have had in my life to do so many good things. The Lord is always mindful of me and frankly spoils me more than I deserve it. This last year, I have realized that serving and being served is such a beautiful thing. And while I don't enjoy finding long grey hairs, I wouldn't trade the experiences that bring those grey hairs on for anything. Here's to another great year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ooh this post was really sweet Verenice. Also, I was like huh...I guess shes younger than i thought! ok annnd go eva! what a good example to me of patience.
Post a Comment