Saturday, May 11, 2013
Mexico Part 51: Visitors
It's been two years since we've had anybody from the States visit us, and after Spring Break, we had Cathryn and John, Matthew's sister and her hubby with baby, come and visit us. We were SO lucky to get to host them. Although, I am not going to lie, I now sympathize with our families every time we crash their homes for weeks! They only came for a week and by the end I was pretty tired. It isn't easy to keep your routine (Eva and Matthew still had school) and be in the sun all day touring this place. Plus, it didn't help that somewhere in there we all managed to get sick, which was a major bummer, but we still had a BLAST. We tried to hit up all the places that we love here. We started right off the bat from the airport straight to Chapala. It is a beautiful drive. When we went back into the city we stopped at our favorite taco place and had tacos al pastor. Best ever! Then the following day, we overwhelmed them with a get together with all of our friends here. We even had the missionaries over! Monday I took them out to the old tianguis I used to go to for some tlacoyos. I think Cathryn at first was a little confused that we were going to have a heavier meal for breakfast, but that's how they do it here. We went to my favorite Oaxacan place to eat on Tuesday, is it just me, but my idea of visiting a place is getting to eat all the yummy food? Somewhere along the way, something made us sick. Whoops! Matthew took them to the Gauchimontones on Wednesday, and Thursday we headed to Manzanillo for some beach time. Matthew and Eva played hookie on Friday. I am getting the hang of the beach here and have the desire to go every weekend. No joke! It was a great drive and the kids were awesome. It's getting easier to travel with such older kids. If I can get Cathryn to send them to me, I will add some awesome pictures of things we saw while driving to all of these places.
Having people visit where I live makes me realize how much I LOVE Mexico. Three years ago when we talked about moving here I couldn't fathom it. I probably thought what all of you think, Mexico means drug lords, murders, abductions...you get my drift. But I was so wrong. This place is wonderful. And I seriously mean it. My day to day life is the best and I can't believe I get to call this place home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Is that really the old tianguis? It looks so different to me! Glad they added more eating space.
I told you that you would love Mexico.
Thanks for hosting us :) and yes I will try to get those pictures to you today. They are mainly on John's phone, so he needs to be home for me to get them. Thanks for the fun times, we loved experiencing where you live and seeing it all. We are happy for the great experience you've had there and are excited for your adventures ahead!
Post a Comment