Thursday, November 29, 2012

Summering in Oregon: Picking Fruit

 
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa
One of the things we would do every year I lived in Hillsboro and was married was pick berries and peaches.  There is something so rewarding about getting your own produce.  Blueberries are a little more labor intensive but nevertheless, I still had to get some.  We went to Washington to pick them and found a sweet, little old lady's home.  Her husband had just passed away, and you could tell she was lonely because she would tell the people stories about her late husband.  True love!  

I thought my kids would enjoy the task because, I had always taken them along as babies; packed them on me, but I realized how quickly they forget because about 30 seconds into the blueberry picking, no joke, Elijah kept saying, "done mama, done."  And for a kid of very few words, it was pretty funny!  

Weeks later we picked peaches.  That was more their style.  Fast and they got to ride along in the wagon.  Gotta love Jossy Farms.  

We also went and checked out Ricky and Keri's first home.  Not bad!  Way nicer than my first home.  But I suppose it didn't take much to be better than our first.  Okay, all kidding aside, I loved their new place.  And the kids loved running from one side of the house to the next, running around their HUGE backyard, to which I tell them they need a play structure and jumping on their beds of course.  We would love to go back, but who knows if they will have us.  Ha!

No comments: