Monday, May 17, 2010

Elijah's ONE








What a crazy month. First, on May 2nd, our Elijah turned ONE. It is both exciting and a little sad to see my baby get older on me. He has been so fun to have around. It is crazy to think that a year ago he was 7 lbs. 11 oz., born four weeks early and now he is a stunning 32.5 lbs. He is almost five times as big. That can't be normal. But we still love him. We lucked out on the weather for his birthday. It was a beautiful, sunny day. The first in a long time. April really did bring the showers. I went with the chunky monkey theme, and even made monkey cupcakes out of fondant. They turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself.

A couple days later Eva had her first ballet recital. She was gorgeous as usual but quite the timid one. At one point, her cute friend, Camille, had to help her face the audience when Eva had her back to the crowd. Then when it was time for her to go across the stage on her own, her technique was great but it was like she had on her mind, how the heck can I get from point A to point B the fastest? She was so serious and we just couldn't help but laugh. Good thing she couldn't see us. Nevertheless, I was so proud of her.

And the last is just another picture of Eli. I keep thinking to myself that I too must have done the same things to my brothers since I had no sister. And, while at times I think that maybe, just maybe it was too bad Elijah wasn't a girl for Eva's sake, I quickly think instead of all the fun times I have had having just bros. And now, as one of mine is engaged (YEAH Ricky and Keri!! It's about time...) I think this will be the time in my life when I finally get my sister, with more to come I am sure.

Life is good...crazy, but good

4 comments:

Ian and Lara said...

Fun pictures! I have enjoyed getting to know little Eva more, she is hilarious and sweet! My sister and I totally dressed up our little brothers with bows and clothes, It's the older sisters right of passage I think. Good memories

Ksenia said...

They are both so cute! And the party was great of course. I can't believe how fast they grow and I'm beginning to see Matt in Elijah.

Kat and Steve said...

Crazy how fast that first year goes. It's really not fair. Love the party hat you made for Elijah. And the picture of Eva in her sunglasses is adorable!!!

Heather Harris said...

Great pictures! I'm sad we couldn't be there. Your cupcakes look professional!