
We had a great Christmas this year spending it with each other and with family. Eva had a lot of fun opening all of her presents this year and realizing that there was a Santa Claus. She made cookies with Matthew to get ready for "sahnka tose." That night though, we didn't have any milk. But my little problem solver said, (in Spanish of course) "that's okay mom. We can use water." So we did. We left Santa cookies and water. Frankly, I think he enjoyed it better. Also, thanks to a little kiddo from my class giving me a Minnie Mouse plush doll that played jingle bells, she has played that thing the last two weeks singing "so much fun it is to ride" over and over. Her big present this year was a doll house and it is neat to see her go behind the couch and play with that thing for a good chunk of time on her own. We have been trying to find our christmas traditions for our little family and I think a new one for us this year was decorating a beautiful house that a friend, Laura, from Matthew's work, made. Matthew and Eva were so cute doing it. It took them forever because she would get "tired" after working on that thing for minutes. But in the end, they finally finished it and I think it turned out pretty nice. Don't judge the picture though because for Christmas my parents bought us a new lens for my camera and it doesn't auto-focus. And rather than return it, I am trying to get better at my skills and actually learn to manually focus the thing. This was Matthew's idea though, because I would rather cheat and get the auto-focus. Oh well.
So, this year has already begun and I can't believe it. I am hoping to be more consistent this year in all the things that I should be doing and want to do. My good friend Melanie and my sister in law, Kat, have inspired me to bust out my sewing machine and make things for my kids. I have already started by making a colored pencil holder for Eva and a crocodile taggie animal that according to Matthew looks more like a submarine, but I am not giving up. It is actually kind of addicting honestly. I am hoping that practice makes perfect, because right now, I'm fail (as Scott, my brother and law would say) :)
And, lastly, thanks to my bro, Ricky, for taking our family Christmas picture and theone of our kids. You did a good job little brother!
5 comments:
What cute pictures!! And keep sewing it only gets better and the more you do the more you learn.
Very cute pictures and funny post. I enjoyed seeing all of you at Christmas
I´m gonna get Elijah on Weight Watchers when I get back. Just kidding!... but seriously. :) Miss you guys.
Alex
P.S. Does Eva have facebook yet? Isn´t it about that time?
I'm glad you guys liked the quiet book! I had fun making it. Just don't look too close, because there are some 'fail' parts in it for sure. I'm still learning myself.
That picture of Eva in the santa hat is so cute! She looks like a sassy little thing, but she is soooo pretty!
Post a Comment